And voila! No more blogger's block! :)
Some rules of the Game:
a) Show off your honesty (and modesty) by thanking the person who gave you the award and link to their post. (Thank you, Anty, with her brilliant purple brains!)
b) List 15 honest things about yourself. Cheating makes you lame, so just play along, all you taggees.
c) Select 7 other bloggers you think deserve this award and pass it on to them.
d) Notify said bloggers about the award and invite them to be the honest ones next.
So here we go!
1) I am a complete and utter movie buff..I can watch pretty much any type of movie, right from Gunda & Daaku Haseena to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Dark Knight to In the Mood for Love and Through a Glass Darkly. I like to think this is becoz I am open-minded and unpretentious. ;)
2)I am also a real water baby, can bob about (and swim quite well, if I want to) in the water for hours together. On a totally unrelated note, I often get distracted very easily from the task I have at hand. This leads me to believe I am the perfect Gemini-Cancer cuspian. See, I find astrology very, very amusing.
3) The only reason I wud enter the kitchen until 2 years ago, was to to eat, but I can successfully claim to cook quite well now. I believe cooking is a survival skill.
4) I can be fiercely competitive and unfortunately have not learned to take failure in my stride all that well.
5) I absolutely love word games. Scrabble, Boggle, Scramble..I love them all!
6) Books are something I cannot live without, I feel all my knowledge has stemmed from reading, education not standing in my way.
7) I like to think of my brain as a receptacle for useless information. For eg, do you know how many depressions there are on a golf ball? I do! If you're dying to know, dont google it, ask me! I love showing my trivia-trove off!
8) I have made several (namely, four) unsuccessful attempts to learn to play a musical instrument, those being, with a harmonium, a keyboard, a guitar and a violin. I have found to my dismay that I have neither the skill nor the patience to stick to any one instrument. And although, I shall never make it, I shall always appreciate good music and art as I understand it, and for that atleast, I am grateful. And for those of you who know, and/or complain about it, I tend to sing for days on end the song I am obsessing over at that point in time. (Pa-pa-paparazzi!)
9) I adore dogs. Their smell, their warmth, their wet nose. It is my personal wish to own atleast 2 dogs some day.
10) I suck at chess, bowling and air hockey. But I always have fun playing.
11) I almost never have dreams, but when I do, they are so crazy they make for THE most hilarious breakfast conversations, and I can laugh at them for hours.
12) I have a life long love affair with travel. Nothing excites me more than the prospect of seeing a new place, local culture, new languages, and food. I wud die a happy woman if I get my wish of visiting the South Pacific islands even if its only the once.
13) I completely believe in the Douglas Adams quote which goes, "Prejudice is an insidious guest. It colours your perceptions of the world before you even know you've let it in." I hope no prejudice never ever diminishes my ability to experience anything ever, in any place in the world. I also have a life long love affair with Mr. Adams, so what if its a little one-sided?
14) I love the World War II era and though I know and understand that it was a catastrophe that should never be relived, I believe it was that era that made the world what it is today. The era produced the best of inventions, gave birth to romance that has inspired books and movies for decades together, characters that the world will never forget. All that intelligence, secrecy, fear, deceit...in retrospect, the era summed up all the complex hues of life. Definitely exaggerating, I would have to say, I aspire to read every book, fiction and non-fiction, and watch every movie, documentary or otherwise, made about this era in history. This has led me to believe that it is the horror and conflict born in such times that forces us to bring forth our true natures and examine our real selves.
15) I cherish my friends, and though I may proclaim to, I never give up on them, and since I choose them carefully, I keep them for life.
Okay, this post was originally about listing ten things but I can be excused its expanse in celebration of my victory over that blogger's block.
My taggees can, therefore, choose to list ten or fifteen or twenty-five or more honest things about themselves.
I hereby tag mgeek, Deeksha, Pankaj, Arslan, Srishti, Nitisha and Sherry! Looking forward to reading about you guys.. :)