Monday, June 28, 2010

Before it ends

Sometimes, you need to know, to really believe in your heart, that no effort ever goes to waste. That all your reassurances and all your kindnesses have not been for naught. Especially the love that you pour into someone else. Someone who let all that love slip over their skin. To paraphrase Def Leppard, where is that place, that place where love goes after it dies?

Tell me, do you believe that good things happen to good people? And that it all evens out in the end? Do you?

Well, I did, too.

8 comments:

Deboleena said...

Good things to good people? Always? No.

Even out? Yes. Not because of God or Destiny. But overwhelming inevitability. And perhaps, Guilt :P

Tangled up in blue... said...

Yeah, I think you're right. On both counts. ;)

Ramya Sriram said...

:)where does the love go? i suppose we'll never know.

oooh, lets make off a song.

R said...

It's like you have a microscope inside my head. I Did too.
That aside, you are one of my favorite bloggers for sure :)

Tangled up in blue... said...

ramya, maybe its like that land above Enid Blyton's Magic Faraway Tree..The Land of Lost Toys. ;) and making off a song sounds like a fun idea! which one?

Riddhi, Thank you! :)

Shankar said...

I don't believe good things happen to good people - I just believe, things, whatever may be, happen.

Where does love go when it dies? Maybe it does not go anywhere. Maybe, unlike the believers in us, it has no god, and in having no god, dies an utter, ceaseless death.

Soin said...

well does it matter at all?either way you die off in another 60 years.so free

Tangled up in blue... said...

Shankar, that is one helluva depressing thought! Seriously!

soin, it matters to me. I'd like to think I'd lived a worthwhile life and not died off without, you know, some kind of retribution. Maybe I'm just asking for way too much!